FamilyKind was proud to partner with Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and AFCC-NY to host our Inaugural Symposium.
We are grateful to Platinum Event Sponsors Berkman Bottger Newman & Rodd, a New York family and divorce law firm, and Our Family Wizard, offering online tools to make co-parenting better.
We also thank Venue Sponsor New York City Bar Association
Breakfast and Break Sponsors
Helene Bernstein, Esq, attorney and mediator;
Communication By Design, visual marketing agency;
Stacy Francis, wealth manager;
Andrea Hirshman, attorney and mediator;
The Law Firm of John Yacos, PC, matrimonial and family law practice;
LGBTQI Family Professionals of NY
Kathryn Smerling, LCSW, PhD
Manewitz Weiker Associates, LLC, financial advisors
Sara Stanich, financial planner and divorce financial analyst.
We thank the following people for the gift of time, energy and enthusiastic support. FamilyKind’s first Symposium would not have been a success without their involvement.
SYMPOSIUM STEERING COMMITTEE
Bruce Berman, Chair of Program
Robyn Myler Mann, Chair of Sponsorship
Laura McGrath, Chair of Budget
Maurice Robinson, Chair of Registration
Jennifer Safian & Isabelle Wallace, Co-Chairs of Hospitality
Casey Shevin, Chair of Public Relations
Shari Bornstein, Chair of Continuing Education
Helise Harrington, Andrea Hirshman, Emily Jonas, Beth Ornstein, Bob Raymond, Bess Steiger, Eleanor Toumey, Yuko Uchikawa
Sam Cambria, Rhabia Cowell, Paul Gentles, Brigitte Guidice, Naeem Iqbal, Marian Margulies,
Talya Lifshutz, Jinbai Wang, Tony Zhang, Chitalu Zulu
We also appreciate the assistance and support of Amnon Bar-Tur, photographer; Maria Dinella, kickoff sponsor; Andrea Fleischer, film editor, Romona Mukherjee, rejuvenator; and a generous anonymous donor, all of whom made this event possible.
PARTNER TEAM MEMBERS
Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- Hon. A. Gail Prudenti, Executive Director of The Center for Children, Families and the Law
- J. Herbie DiFonzo, Ph.D., Professor of Law, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Director of the Criminal Justice Clinic and Director of the LL.M. Program in Family Law
- Matthew G. Kiernan, Director of Policy the Center for Children, Families and the Law
- Andrew Berman, Assistant Dean for Communications
The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, New York AFCC Chapter
- Hon. Jane Pearl, Judge for the New York City Family Court
The NYC Bar Association
- Bret I. Parker, Executive Director of New York City Bar Association
- Frank Carlisi, Director of Catering and Meeting Services and the FLIK Hospitality Group
- Francesca Dobrich, Operations Coordinator/FLIK Hospitality Group
- Jordan Betsch, Audio-Visual Coordinator
PRESENTERS AND MODERATORS
Words are not enough to express our sincere appreciation to our presenters and moderators:
HON. VANESSA AUFIERO DA ROCHA • KATHLEEN COSTELLO BAR-TUR, LCSW, FIPA • ELLEN BRUNO, M.A. • CATHERINE CANADÉ, J.D. • ROBERT EMERY, Ph.D. • PATRICA ANN GRANT, J.D. • RACHEL HUNDERT • JAMES KATZ, Ph.D. • MATTHEW G. KIERNAN, J.D. • APRIL KUCHUK, Ph.D. • ERIC LOUIS MARTIN, D.M.A. • MONICA MICHELL, MD • HON. JANE PEARL • HON. A. GAIL PRUDENTI • MAURICE ROBINSON, J.D • STEPHEN SHAINBART, Ph.D. • HON. JEFFREY S. SUNSHINE, J.S.C. • ELLEN TANER, M.A.
View Symposium presenter and moderator bios.